mumsnet

Saturday 31 December 2011

My news review 2011 - The final countdown, thank you and a happy new year.

There are just hours left until 2011 draws to a close. I’ve touched on several news highlights already as well as what kept us entertained. There is so much more, but in truth I could write on and on, but I will touch just briefly on some other newsworthy items before musing about the year to come.

The death of Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, and the man who some might argue changed the world with the iPod, iPhone, iPad etc.

The Eurozone crisis which is still ongoing and which might conceivably push us all back into recession in 2012. We can only hope that it will be resolved before that happens, but no-one can predict what will happen.

And of course the world was supposed to end with the rapture which was predicted not once, but twice. I think we’re all still here.

So what might 2012 hold?

Well perhaps the most anticipated is the London Olympics and Paralympics. After all, we’ve been building up to those for the past eight years. I realize that some people are not as enthusiastic about the games as I am, but my view is that this is a once in a lifetime event here. These games will never be in our country in our lifetime again. I am looking forward to them.

It will on the whole be quite a sporty summer as there are also the European football Championships in Poland and Ukraine, and while I’m not a massive football supporter I think there will be little chance of escape from it, well at least until England are knocked out by the quarter finals. I predict a penalty knock-out. ;)

Financially the year is uncertain. Will the Eurozone crisis resolve? Will the Euro break up? Will we be pushed back into recession? Or might we possibly come out the other side? Will there be more cuts or less and if so what will they be?

The next year holds so many questions and as yet we can only guess, and hope, at the answers.

This is my last post of 2011, so I will just close by saying thank you to all that have read my ramblings over the past few months since I started writing. Thank you to those that have commented, followed, and retweeted my posts. And to those that read invisibly, thank you for reading. Hopefully you will continue to do so in 2012.

Happy new year to all. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment